I looked up several home made remedies for a sore throat when John was sick with his Man Cold. Most of them involved water, apple cider vinegar and honey. I decided to alter the brew a bit to suit my own tastes and needs.
8oz. Teavana Silver Needle White Tea – hot
1 tsp apple cider vinegar 1 Tbsp lemon juice 1 packet Ideal sweetener
- I chose white tea versus water for its antioxident properties. Here are some of the health benefits:
- Extremely high amount of antioxidants
- May inhibit the growth of certain forms of cancer
- May reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Excellent for skin and complexion
- Least processed (steamed and dried)
- Approximately 1% of the caffeine in a cup of coffee.
- I added lemon juice for taste. Just because.
- I used Ideal sweetener versus honey because I really don’t need the extra calories and I’m out of honey! Ideal is more than 99% natural. It’s made from xylitol, a natural sweetener found in fruits & veggies.
I gotta say, I’m not a tea drinker. But the white tea is mild and very high in antioxidents, more so than green tea from what I understand, plus it doesn’t taste funny. So I figured it’s just better than water.
All together, it’s tasty, makes my throat feel better and clears up my sniffles a bit too! Good for ya, good in ya, drink up!